Freelance writing is a growing at home business anyone with the desire can begin. With a basic writing knowledge you can expand your skills and publish articles across the web. There are a few websites that cater to beginning writers and offer pay per click incentives to keep publishing. The more you write, the more you earn, the better you improve your skills.
A few tips for beginner freelance writers:
- Put together a well written article on your selected subject and one that relates to the site you are interested in writing for. These articles will be used as part of your application.
- When editing your articles, utilize a grammar and spell checker like Grammarly. This will help you to hone your writing skills. Read the reasons for the edit changes and make note. The next time you write an article for the publication sites, you will be one up on the writing rules.
- Don’t know what you want to write? Research using a keyword tool like Google’s or WordTracker. Both offer free options and allow you to utilize the long keyword phrase search. Select the top searched for, but the lower competition keyword phrases and single words.
- Take advantage of the free tips and tools freelance writer sites available. Copyblogger is one, Freelance Writers Directory and check your local library for books such as The Elements of Style by William Strunk & E. B. White. Writing for publications is not the same as writing for yourself. Another great book is the AP Style Manual, since most publications prefer it.
- Research the topic, learn to write in sections concerning the chosen topic. Find appropriate pictures and develop a personal style that will fit with the publication’s audience.
Following are a few of the sites that pay writers to publish to their sites. Each one has a different requirement, so read the fine print.
Freelance online writing jobs are available from a freelance writing company. We offer well-paid freelance job opportunities for academic writers, content writers and resume writers.
If you intend to write academic and research content, get very familiar with what it means. College level writing is not the same as article writing. Dissertations, essays, information to educate is thoroughly researched and uses a different style. If you have what it takes, then begin here.
- Academic Experts
How to become a freelance writer with AcademExperts.us. Apply for an online writing job free and start earning up to 20$ per page immediately. Academic writers needed.
You absolutely have to have experience as an academic writer. To learn more and get started, click here.
- Auction Bytes
EcommerceBytes. Independent news and resources for online retailers.
Writers for AuctionBytes and Collectors Corners should gear the content towards how to, reviews, tips and tricks, and other similar topics. Get started here.
We’re working on it. Lots of us.
Companies provide a project; Cloud Crowd breaks the project into bite size tasks. Upon approval, payment is immediate. Work your hours and tasks you want. Start here to learn more and apply. You will need a Facebook profile.
This is a beginning list. There are over a hundred sources to write for. As a beginner in freelance writing, your selection is well rounded. What are your interests? What gets you fired up and excited? Hobbies, education, pets, and a list of other topics are always in need of writers. You can create “How To,” instructional, informative, or educational articles to publish. There is no limit to the topics or styles. Be creative and have fun. The more you write the better you get and the more you earn.