How many social networks have you joined? Do you join the newest ones? Or do you wait a bit and see how the social network begins to develop?
Are you a social network junkie? Cannot seem to join enough or fearful that if you do not join the latest like your peers you might be missing out on something?
In the search for marketing targets, social networks is one target that may or may not net you results. There is a great deal of literature available from marketing experts and gurus that target social networks in general. No one seems to be willing that there is one or five best social networks to target.
When you begin considering joining a social network, there are a few questions you may wish to consider.
- Does the theme of the social network align with my purpose or niche? My product or service?
- What is the future of the social network? Does it have potential for growth?
- How old is the social network? How long has it been in existence? 1 month or 10 years, there is a difference.
- What is the member count? More than 10 or 10,000?
- Do the members fit my target audience?
These questions are meant to stir your gray cells and begin a planning and developing stage in your marketing. Small business owners and home based entrepreneurs can learn a great deal by perusing corporate pages. Pictures catch the attention and carry a stronger message than words alone.
Copycats do as well if not better than those who try to reinvent the wheel. Just do not plagiarize or infringe on copyrights. It is the style you wish to learn and use for your own purpose.
Happy marketing and see you on the social networks. Click here to find me.